THE WATERCOOLER HEADPHONE EDITION – Headphones, Amps, DACs, and desktop/home audio related – a freewheeling discussion of gear, impressions, music, and musings.
May 19, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #631 of 1,090
Clearly name tags of some sort will be needed. 😁 Worst case I’ll buy a stack of “Hello, my name is…” white labels and carry them with a Sharpie.

We can make something happen... 🤔😉

(@HiFiHawaii808 )

May 19, 2024 at 11:46 PM Post #633 of 1,090
will the name tags be the same as the original watercooler (iem) tags?

May 19, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #634 of 1,090
May 19, 2024 at 11:59 PM Post #635 of 1,090
Hear, hear! Plenty of good options around Seattle or the East Side. 👍
I do not believe additional CanJam is in the cards, so you may be disappointed if you keep waiting for that to happen.
However, plenty of local meetups all over... Just saying :wink:

May 20, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #636 of 1,090
Clearly name tags of some sort will be needed. 😁 Worst case I’ll buy a stack of “Hello, my name is…” white labels and carry them with a Sharpie.

Definitely need to wear a name tag for sure! Those personalized wooden ones I keep seeing in the OG WC thread are fantastic!

May 20, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #637 of 1,090
will the name tags be the same as the original watercooler (iem) tags?

Definitely need to wear a name tag for sure! Those personalized wooden ones I keep seeing in the OG WC thread are fantastic!

We have lots of time and we'll figure the best way to do this before SoCal! 🙏😊

May 20, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #638 of 1,090
Where was the invitation!?! All good, there’ll be more opportunities.
They came down to steal my Aegis; the mini meet was just an add on :). I'll be without an amp until a replacement arrives.

May 20, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #639 of 1,090
We have lots of time and we'll figure the best way to do this before SoCal! 🙏😊
🙌 🥳 🎧

(Sitting and listening to Gogo Penguin’s “A Humdrum Star” on the ZMF Atrium Closed with my Sony WM1A while enjoying the updates “at the watercooler”)

Huge thanks to those who have pointed out Gogo Penguin’s incredible modern jazz in this forum. Their wonderful playing makes me smile. ❤️ I would never have discovered them without Head-Fi.

May 20, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #640 of 1,090
They came down to steal my Aegis; the mini meet was just an add on :). I'll be without an amp until a replacement arrives.

Those thiefs! You gotta watch out for that veterans guy… shifty… hahaha

Met/chatted with him briefly at the Rosson meet up back in 2022 (?).

May 20, 2024 at 12:52 AM Post #641 of 1,090
Definitely swifted like a ninja before anyone even knew about the sale haha

May 20, 2024 at 1:31 AM Post #642 of 1,090
This weekend has been all work against an unexpeted deadline. It's Sunday late night (or rather early Monday morning) with no end in sight. Music, and the occasional sneak peek into this thread, keep me entertained and in good mood as I muscle through it. Late nigh listening is a good time for a relaxed listen, for which the Elite are great. When I first bought these heapdhones, I lacked any engagement and sold them after a few days. A year or so later, the angled alcantara pads came out, and when I first demo-ed them with these newer pads at a CanJam, they transformed, becoming more open and expansive. I did a u-turn and go them again. These are not the most technical headphones, but with a real "oomph" behind them, they can be a lot of fun for a wonderful lean back listen.. exactly what I need right now :)

1716182624327.png

May 20, 2024 at 1:45 AM Post #643 of 1,090
This weekend has been all work against an unexpeted deadline. It's Sunday late night (or rather early Monday morning) with no end in sight. Music, and the occasional sneak peek into this thread, keep me entertained and in good mood as I muscle through it. Late nigh listening is a good time for a relaxed listen, for which the Elite are great. When I first bought these heapdhones, I lacked any engagement and sold them after a few days. A year or so later, the angled alcantara pads came out, and when I first demo-ed them with these newer pads at a CanJam, they transformed, becoming more open and expansive. I did a u-turn and go them again. These are not the most technical headphones, but with a real "oomph" behind them, they can be a lot of fun for a wonderful lean back listen.. exactly what I need right now :)

1716182624327.png

I really need to spend more time with the Meze lineup. I heard the Elite last canjam and enjoyed it for the brief time they were on my head. Hard to make a solid judgment while listening on the showroom floor, though. Really want to hear the Empyrean II and the Elite again to compare them next go around.

May 20, 2024 at 2:02 AM Post #644 of 1,090

1716182624327.png
Listening to Mozart on piano through Elite as I type...wonderful!!!

May 20, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #645 of 1,090
I’m wondering what people’s opinions are on the DCA Stealth. I can possibly get it for a really good price and was previously a fan of the noire, it was just too bright. I listen to a lot of electronic music. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back