Help me name my kid (named)
Nov 21, 2022 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 158

msing539

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all, new baby boy on the way.

I have two already... a boy and a girl. My girl's first name is Aria and my boy's middle name is Reed.

I was hoping for another musical term that wasn't too weird for the new boy's first name.

Any ideas?

UPDATE:
Baby born 9 lb 8 oz, named Benjamin Wilde

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, I appreciate you all (less for those who suggested Dragon names)

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 158
Big congratulations! Such happy news!

Well, since your daughter is Aria, I'm thinkin' HE1000 for your next son. Susvara is too feminine :D

What about naming him after your favorite musician?

Nov 21, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #3 of 158
Big congratulations! Such happy news!

Well, since your daughter is Aria, I'm thinkin' HE1000 for your next son. Susvara is too feminine :D

What about naming him after your favorite musician?

Thanks GH!

You'd think I'd end up with a Hendrix or Dylan, I bet... when in actuality, it would be a Halsey or Tove Lo... at best, Simple Minds.

I like the idea of Fleetwood but that seems very old timey.

Wife likes Luca. I said, like fat Luca Brasi? And she said, "Who's that?"

So this is what I'm up against.

Nov 21, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #4 of 158
You probably ought to let the wife do what she wants. That's a win-win. If she picks a good one, and she's happy, that's one less lifetime argument.

If she picks a bad one, then the blame is on her. How can you lose?

P.S. I didn't realize you finally got a DI-20HE or if I did, I forgot. How are you liking it?

Nov 21, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #5 of 158
I just can't get on board with Luca...

I did concede to the middle name of Wilde. Which could already be music related, but a stretch.

And yeah, Oscar is off the board. I'm not a maniac.

Nov 21, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #6 of 158
I just can't get on board with Luca...

I did concede to the middle name of Wilde. Which could already be music related, but a stretch.

And yeah, Oscar is off the board. I'm not a maniac.
Cisco Wilde, was a friend of mine
Cisco drink the whiskey
Pancho drink the wine

something like that...

Nov 21, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #7 of 158
DI-20HE report, hello?! :wink:

Nov 21, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #8 of 158
Nov 21, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #9 of 158
You want me to name him Kingwa??
Ok, I can't deny it crossed my mind. But I couldn't bring myself to say it.

Anyway, how are you liking your DDC? I don't remember if we discussed it.

Nov 21, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #10 of 158
Rupert, lol

Nov 21, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #11 of 158
Nov 21, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #12 of 158
That's actually... pretty good. Like surprisingly good @Elegiac lol. Thanks for the reco!

Anyway, how are you liking your DDC? I don't remember if we discussed it.

Yeah, it's better than the Denafrips Iris so can't name the kid Alvin, either. Background is darker so everything comes forward more, but this new DAC has no HDMI I2S in... so I'm using AES and now I don't have a fair comparison.

Iris > I2S > Pontus II
DI20HE > AES > Sonnet Morpheus

I used the DI20 on the Pontus and that was also a clear win for the AGD.

Nov 21, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #13 of 158
That's actually... pretty good. Like surprisingly good @Elegiac lol. Thanks for the reco!

Yeah, it's better than the Denafrips Iris so can't name the kid Alvin, either. Background is darker so everything comes forward more, but this new DAC has no HDMI I2S in... so I'm using AES and now I don't have a fair comparison.

Iris > I2S > Pontus II
DI20HE > AES > Sonnet Morpheus

I used the DI20 on the Pontus and that was also a clear win for the AGD.

I do run IIS all the time out of convenience except when I use my reclocker or whenever I'm recording something, in which case I use AES/EBU. AES/EBU is really a good interface, and I like that it has locking connectors, and I make my own cables. Unless you need the bandwidth (DXD, high rate DSD) I don't think you lose anything vs. IIS.

Nov 21, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #14 of 158
It's a very proper name :)

Nov 21, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #15 of 158
Except on the Sonnet, everyone says the IIS is clearly more detailed. I'm going to get over it and be happy with AES. Otherwise, I need to change the DI20 for something like a Gaia or Hermes, plus buy an IIS card for the Sonnet.

Side note:
When someone searches for Pontus, DI20, Sonnet down the line, they're going to be very confused by the "help me name my kid" thread title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back