Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 27, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #62,251 of 62,573
I wonder how aptX-Lite vs aptX -LL sounds.

fwiw this neckband supports aptX-Lite
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005...st_main.5.425a140fwO47oS&gatewayAdapt=glo2kor
The link doesn’t open to the item.
I still haven’t shipped back yet. Still unopened and wrapped. $95 w/ shipping.

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #62,253 of 62,573
Just received my ifi go pod replacement from amazon (free next day shipping) and hopefully everything is good this time. I haven't even brought in the unit that is faulty to UPS yet (boxed and ready to be shipped back).
I am pairing up the go pod with my UM mest Indigo and all I can say is it sounds freaking awesome.
20240427_204426.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 1:26 AM Post #62,254 of 62,573
For which model of the ZX1? I ordered the PNK through the AVIOT online store. So far I'm at $353. Have they shipped yours?
ZX1. That total included shipping, which they contact you about after you place the order (separate email a day or so later).

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #62,257 of 62,573
Me neither.
I kind of understand the trepidation given that we in the US have been so spoiled by Amazon.

But all the talk about Aviot being a gamble does not make sense to me. They are a young Japanese company who have a clear Mission statement that happens to be very Japan-focused. Given the value of what they are offering I imagine the price could easily go up, especially if they started to add more marketing to the margins. If you buy it directly from them I have no doubt they will stand behind their product. This is not some unknown concern on AliExpress.

Meanwhile I don't know about you guys but for all the TWS I've ever bought, only one, the Devialet Gemini, ever needed warranty service. All the others, including the Audio Technica bought for 240+shipping from Japan, follow the exact same TWS lifespan for me, meaning eventually into a drawer somewhere.

As for the Devialet Gemini. I paid $300 for those and they were great at the time, but the not the value-difference that the ZX1 is. Devialet's release happened to be a trainwreck while Aviot pulled off a more ambitious product launch without a hitch. I have not heard one bad report about them yet. So what's not to like?

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:47 AM Post #62,258 of 62,573
Decided to buy these as had a relative good experience with their previous offerings.

They have improved tuning and is great to see maintaining and improving their price points.

App is very good and their tuning is a bit different but both appealing.

If you like stem type TWS give these a look

I actually have the Nothing Ear (a), also in yellow, and I love the small case size and the unique look, and the sound is drastically improved in comparison to the original Nothing Ear that I had until I gave them to my gf.
But the sound is slightly... "different" even after EQ:ing, can't quite put my finger on it.

How does the Nothing Ear (new one) sound in comparison?

Apr 28, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #62,259 of 62,573
I kind of understand the trepidation given that we in the US have been so spoiled by Amazon.

But all the talk about Aviot being a gamble does not make sense to me. They are a young Japanese company who have a clear Mission statement that happens to be very Japan-focused. Given the value of what they are offering I imagine the price could easily go up, especially if they started to add more marketing to the margins. If you buy it directly from them I have no doubt they will stand behind their product. This is not some unknown concern on AliExpress.

Meanwhile I don't know about you guys but for all the TWS I've ever bought, only one, the Devialet Gemini, ever needed warranty service. All the others, including the Audio Technica bought for 240+shipping from Japan, follow the exact same TWS lifespan for me, meaning eventually into a drawer somewhere.

As for the Devialet Gemini. I paid $300 for those and they were great at the time, but the not the value-difference that the ZX1 is. Devialet's release happened to be a trainwreck while Aviot pulled off a more ambitious product launch without a hitch. I have not heard one bad report about them yet. So what's not to like?
Well said. Never had any issues with Aviot products as the ZX1PNK are my 4th product from them. Usually have a great experience with most TWS I've gotten. Only ones I seem to recall that I needed to return or replace were from brands like Noble and Hifi man

Apr 28, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #62,261 of 62,573
I can't bring myself to take this gamble.
Me neither. I just don't want the hassle if something malfunctions with the set.

Apr 28, 2024 at 8:30 AM Post #62,262 of 62,573
Apr 28, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #62,263 of 62,573
While the Aviot TE-ZX1 are my first product from them, I can attest for the quality of what I have, for what it is worth. And the hybrid driver system they have going on is exceptional! I’ve used them paired to my PC, Samsung TV, Laptop, and iPhone with Spotify and everything has sounded so much better than anything else I own, outside of my Meze 109 Pro (but that’s not really a comparison).

For me, these sounded like a gamble since I too am also spoiled by Amazon return/warranties, but one I was willing to make since I have the Oneplus Buds 3 that I’m very happy with as well. If you have a pair of buds you are happy with, and truly want to experiment with audio, I’d say these are a perfect option! Aviot deserves more recognition for this, honestly.

Also it’s really cool to hear different Cowboy Bebop voice actors in party mode. Probably not for everyone, but I’m loving it!

Thanks for coming to my TED talk 😅

Apr 28, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #62,265 of 62,573
It's not the warranty - it's no return policy. Amazon, Best Buy or you don't get my money (Bloom and A46 okay too).
For me, it would be both: big money with no return policy and the hassle of a warranty return, although I do have a couple of others to use while I awaited their return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back