Effect Audio April Cable Tour - Cleo II Octa and Fusion 1
Apr 14, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #31 of 40
I’d love to try the Fusion 1 with my Anni 2023.

US-WA

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #32 of 40
Thank you @EffectAudio & @Sebastien Chiu!!

Cleopatra II Octa just landed.. Let's Rock!!! Almost forgot I signed up for the tour and thought I got blessed with an early anonymous Christmas Present. 🤣
20240415_160407.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #33 of 40
Thank you @EffectAudio & @Sebastien Chiu!!

Cleopatra II Octa just landed.. Let's Rock!!! Almost forgot I signed up for the tour and thought I got blessed with a early anonymous Christmas Present. 🤣
YEE! 😁 Dougie Fresh out the plastic.. Let's see what the Cleopatra II Octa can do. The excitement never gets old.
20240415_161507.jpg

May 14, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #35 of 40
Hello everyone,

Had a couple of days with it, and listen with several iems.

What stood out was the space enhancement and trebble response, what we know as the micro details. Otherwise it was hard to differentiate them.

Enjoyed the brief time I had with it, and appreciate @Sebastien Chiu for considering me. Hope to have futures opportunities as this one.

Best wishes

@pkcpga the iem is on the way.

Attachments

• 20240511_182027.jpg
    20240511_182027.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
May 20, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #36 of 40
Thanks @EffectAudio and @Sebastien Chiu to give us the opportunity to listen to these cables!

Here are a couple of pictures and my impressions on the Cleopatra II Octa :k701smile:

The Cleopatra II is part of the Effect Audio Heritage Series.
The first Cleopatra was released back in 2019 and was one of the first successful high end cables at a time where the kilo bucks cable market was still in its infancy.
The Cleopatra II was released around 3.5 years after at the end of 2022.
Here is a chart depicting the difference between version 1 and version 2 in term of sound but Effect Audio also updated the hardware, which is very nice.

1716216484447.png

The Cleopatra II comes in 4 wire version (US$ 1.199) and in 8 wire version (US$ 1.799). It's the latest that it's on tour and that I was able to test.

Sound : I tested it with a Sony WM1ZM2 DAP and FitEar DC Ti CIEM and Elysian Acoustics Labs Pilgrim UIEM.
It's a 26 AWG silver cable but it doesn't sound like a typical silver cable. It brings a delicate warmth while preserving details and pleasantly boosting treble and bass without being harsh.
I preferred it with the Pilgrim, it was really a very nice, enjoyable and balanced chain. The Cleopatra brought a boost in vocal which was a bit recessed with the cable provided with the Pilgrim. It also added soundstage expansion.
I own an Effect Audio Code 51 and I think actually that the Cleo II is a better choice, it's a better all rounder.

Ergonomic : one of the best 8 wire cable I have ever tested! Very soft and light.
It also comes with ConX and TermX which allowed to test it with FitEar (FitEar connectors) and Elysian (Pentaconn Ear connectors), in balanced and in 3.5 mini.
Switching connectors is really easy and quick, although it would be nice to have some sort of marking on the termination to allow a more straight forward insertion.
The cable is also very nice (check @paulwasabii pictures!). I hope it's not prone to oxydation on the long term.

Cleo_01.png

Cleo_02.png

Cleo_03.png

Cleo_04.png

Cleo_05.png

Cleo_07.png

Cleo_06.png

May 20, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #38 of 40
Is the Fusion out and about yet? I think you mentioned May. Thanks!

May 20, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #40 of 40
Is the Fusion out and about yet? I think you mentioned May. Thanks!

It's not, we're pretty busy with Pilgrim right now so it might be bumped back a little more.

Cleo II Octa is well underway though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back