Unveiled: Meet the HD 620S
May 17, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #286 of 300
Thank you for your message! :wink: I was surprised that the Ali seller LunaShop didn't have any balanced cable for the NDH30 in the offer, so I had to order it to order from the US from Hart Audio Cables and it wasn't cheap with shipping and customs. The verified LunaShop offers braided symmetrical cables made of different materials just for the HD560S, which should also be usable in the HD620S...? :wink:

May 17, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #287 of 300
Based on what Eric said, a cable that is compatible with HD 560S ought to also be compatible with HD 620S. I've been happy with every cable I got from Lunashops, but I haven't used their HD 560S cables, and I certainly can't say it will fit an HD 620S. If you want to wait to find out, then I can report back because I did order one from them.

May 17, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #288 of 300
Thank you for the information, I'm in no rush for the cable, so with your permission I'll wait until you try your cable from LunaShop. :wink: I can initially use the included unbalanced cable in the xDuoo TA-10R desktop amplifier, but I also want to listen outside the home and for that I need a balanced cable to connect to the balanced output of the FiiO BTR5 DAC/AMP using the 2.5mm TRRS connector. In the summer, the original balanced cable should be offered, but with a 4.4mm Pentaconn connector...

May 17, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #289 of 300
Thank you for your message! :wink: I was surprised that the Ali seller LunaShop didn't have any balanced cable for the NDH30 in the offer, so I had to order it to order from the US from Hart Audio Cables and it wasn't cheap with shipping and customs. The verified LunaShop offers braided symmetrical cables made of different materials just for the HD560S, which should also be usable in the HD620S...? :wink:
No sweat! The 560S and 620S cables are 100% interchangeable :)

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 17, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #290 of 300
LunaShop cables sound so bad 😬 I stopped buying them. There are way better offers today.

May 18, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #292 of 300
Hello, I have been watching the new HD620S headphones since the first mention on the Internet and I am excited! Among other things, I have Neumann NDH30 headphones, for which I purchased a balanced cable from Hart Audio Cable terminated with a balanced 2.5mm TRRS connector to connect to the balanced output of the FiiO BTR5 DAC/AMP. Maximum satisfaction! Will this cable from the NDH30 with the same locking connector work in the HD620S?
I know my HD560S cables didn't work on the NDH30 when I had it.
As I wrote in an other thread:

...about cable compatibility of the NDH 30 with Sennheiser cables. The HD-560S and the HD-400 pro seem to have the same 4-contact (symmetrical or "balanced") mini plug with the NDH 30 for the earcup but actually this is not the case. The Sennheiser plug has a 6.5mm wide handle that cannot be inserted in the Neumann which uses an almost identical plug but with a 6.0mm diameter handle. I measured them with calipers and tried their interchangeability at a shop - no luck... (Later, I made that possible by thinning the wider handle with a sharp knife).

Thus, while the HD560S cable plug cannot be inserted as is in the NDH 30 socket, the opposite may be feasible. You'll have to try to see if you can have a secure lock.

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #293 of 300
What about the 2.5mm locking connector? Any reliable place to find it in case one wants to go the diy cable route?

The cable bundled with HD560s is balanced and so is the jack on headphone side. I reckon, it will be the same with HD620S. If that is indeed the case, all you need to do is replace the 3,5mm SE jack with a 4,4mm Pentacon balanced jack and you are good to go :L3000:

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #294 of 300
The cable bundled with HD560s is balanced and so is the jack on headphone side. I reckon, it will be the same with HD620S. If that is indeed the case, all you need to do is replace the 3,5mm SE jack with a 4,4mm Pentacon balanced jack and you are good to go :L3000:
That might be an option. A separate 2.5mm connector, 4.4mm pentaconn and the neccessary high quality copper would tickle my inner diy more though :)
The copper used on these cables tends to be a bit thin and not very manageable, so going with some aftermarket copper in a braid config, at least in my experience, has turned out for the better.

May 18, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #295 of 300
What about the 2.5mm locking connector? Any reliable place to find it in case one wants to go the diy cable route?
I saw one at Moon audio but the only review present is a 1* one..
I've got a cable ordered from Hart Audio. I have a multi kit already so I just got the standard cable so I can plug in whichever termination I need.

May 18, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #296 of 300
Jak jsem psal v jiném vlákně:

...o kabelové kompatibilitě NDH 30 s kabely Sennheiser. Zdá se, že HD-560S a HD-400 pro mají stejnou 4-kontaktní (symetrickou nebo "vyváženou") mini zástrčku s NDH 30 pro náušníky, ale ve skutečnosti tomu tak není. Zástrčka Sennheiser má 6,5 mm širokou rukojeť, kterou nelze zasunout do Neumanna, který používá téměř identickou zástrčku, ale s rukojetí o průměru 6,0 mm . Měřil jsem je třmeny a zkoušel jejich zaměnitelnost v obchodě - bez úspěchu... (Později jsem to umožnil ztenčením širší rukojeti ostrým nožem).

Zatímco tedy kabelovou zástrčku HD560S nelze zasunout jako do zásuvky NDH 30, opak může být možný. Budete se muset pokusit zjistit, zda můžete mít bezpečný zámek.
No je fakt, že symetrický kabel, který jsem si objednal u Hart Audio Cables, respektive ten zamykací konektor, se do NDH30 velmi špatně zasouvá a ještě hůře vytahuje, oproti originálnímu kabelu Neumann. Možná je problém v průměru těla konektoru. Hart Audio Cables mají zřejmě jeden typ uzamykacího konektoru pro Sennheiser i Neumann a zákazník se poraďte...

May 18, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #297 of 300

...o kabelové kompatibilitě NDH 30 s kabely Sennheiser. Zdá se, že HD-560S a HD-400 pro mají stejnou 4-kontaktní (symetrickou nebo "vyváženou") mini zástrčku s NDH 30 pro náušníky, ale ve skutečnosti tomu tak není. Zástrčka Sennheiser má 6,5 mm širokou rukojeť, kterou nelze zasunout do Neumanna, který používá téměř identickou zástrčku, ale s rukojetí o průměru 6,0 mm . Měřil jsem je třmeny a zkoušel jejich zaměnitelnost v obchodě - bez úspěchu... (Později jsem to umožnil ztenčením širší rukojeti ostrým nožem).

Zatímco tedy kabelovou zástrčku HD560S nelze zasunout jako do zásuvky NDH 30, opak může být možný. Budete se muset pokusit zjistit, zda můžete mít bezpečný zámek.
Well, the fact is that the symmetrical cable that I ordered from Hart Audio Cables, or rather the locking connector, is very hard to insert into the NDH30 and even harder to pull out, compared to the original Neumann cable. Maybe the diameter of the connector body is the problem. Hart Audio Cables apparently have one type of locking connector for both Sennheiser and Neumann, and the customer, consult...
As I wrote in an other thread:

...about cable compatibility of the NDH 30 with Sennheiser cables. The HD-560S and the HD-400 pro seem to have the same 4-contact (symmetrical or "balanced") mini plug with the NDH 30 for the earcup but actually this is not the case. The Sennheiser plug has a 6.5mm wide handle that cannot be inserted in the Neumann which uses an almost identical plug but with a 6.0mm diameter handle. I measured them with calipers and tried their interchangeability at a shop - no luck... (Later, I made that possible by thinning the wider handle with a sharp knife).

Thus, while the HD560S cable plug cannot be inserted as is in the NDH 30 socket, the opposite may be feasible. You'll have to try to see if you can have a secure lock.
Well, the fact is that the symmetrical cable that I ordered from Hart Audio Cables, or rather the locking connector, is very hard to insert into the NDH30 and even harder to pull out, compared to the original Neumann cable. Maybe the diameter of the connector body is the problem. Hart Audio Cables apparently have one type of locking connector for both Sennheiser and Neumann, and the customer, consult...

May 18, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #298 of 300

May 18, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #299 of 300
It is interesting to know that an independent maker did not design a product as they should. If this is the case however, you'll have cable for your HD620S at least!

May 18, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #300 of 300
Sorry for the trouble with google translate on my smartphone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back